Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Some Pictures Over the Break!!

They say a picture describe a thousand words ... Well, I have a few thousand words for you all to see =)


Some pictures from Hemlock Ski ResortNo one to take a photo... so I took it myself.
An overview of some skiing areas according to its difficulty.

Ski lift to the top of the mountain... I went on there a couple times -- pretty proud of myself.
Here I am on top of the mountain felt good... but a bit hesitant when going down when thinking about the steepness at certain parts of the mountain. But, all in all a fun ride down the hill.
The yellow poles are for the ski lift -- it stops half way. I did well on this level. Smooth ride and enjoyable feeling.

Christmas Village from Calgary ...

It is incredible to see the scenery of the life-like village. Some of the buildings are painted by Grandpa Regehr and family. Such intricate and beautiful details, something I love to share =)

One of the buildings here is named after Grandpa Regehr
Can you spot the nativity scene?
Love the moon...
The ice-skaters are moving in circle using the magnet...
Isn't that something??

On the way back to Abbotsford from Calgary ...
Driving through the snow and seeing the magical winter atmosphere is awesome. The majestic whiteness that make one wonders and surrender to God's mighty handiwork. I tried to capture with the camera though it is not the same.
Though the road condition was not predictable, the scenery was worth the drive =)

Starting off with some wind and nice clear sunny afternoon ...
Just have to capture this particular scenery ...My drivers =) Tim Regehr (Dad) and Jason Ho

The over-pass -- guess for whom?? For animals passing =O

The gap -- cut through the mountain -- to open up for the road!!
An attempt to capture icicles... frozen waterfall =D
Snowing and snowy road ... just along the road there too, there are trains but could not capture--too dark when it started to appear.
Snow plough -- clearing the road for travelers' safety.

And, that is all =)

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about this Canadian experience of driving through the mountains for the first time!

    ReplyDelete