Friday, September 7, 2012

Updates - Fall 2012


To all my friends, family, and supporters!!

Dear All,
Summer is soon coming to a close, and everyone is trying to gather together school supplies and started to adjust their alarm clocks…once again. Yup, this is another chapter of a student's life, when a routine and a need of punctuality invoke the coffee machines from one house to the next to broil at the appointed time.
It is so wonderful for me to start writing and updating my life once again. My summer break had been wonderful, despite that I was mostly working and trying hard to catch up and refreshed on some of medical/surgical course. Monica W., my summer teacher, had worked hard and prepared me for this coming year. I am both excited and nervous at the same time when coming back to school.
As some of you may recall, these past four months I was working with the conferences at Trinity Western University. Although there were not a lot of students around, I am thankful that there were at least a few friends and mostly staff on campus.
Having soccer as a favorite hobby, I enjoyed staff’s soccer during lunch time and friends getting together every Wednesday’s evening to dash around chasing the ball. I don’t know… I think soccer is still the best sport on earth. I’m really bias. When I get back to Cambodia, I seriously consider putting a team or doing a soccer camp with Bible study for youth or some young children. Won’t that be so much fun?
This year’s summer job had taught me many valuable lessons. It does make a different when working with different people with dissimilar personality, more so from a different background and culture. For the first few months I often questioned myself. I tried to check whether I displayed what I believe. Have I honored God through my whole being? Often times, I was afraid that I might offend my co-workers or hurt their feeling in any way. Yet, I am so thankful that I am serving a God whose Spirit is so alive and active in me. I do understand that at times I felt empty due to situations that I was facing. However, I am taking everything as a lesson: something that is worthwhile and contributed to my life’s experience. And, thus, I am learning from them.
Yes, life is not always about work. I did take sometimes to have fun and spend time hanging out with my friends as well. All in all it had been a good summer… a life far from home that is.
School-year is upon my shoulders once again, and I am so glad to be able to absorb all these wonderful knowledge. This fall semester I am retaking one of my nursing courses (Medical/Surgical), Statistic, and Principle of Biblical interpretation. Yes, and a lot of prayers is needed. This year I am re-accessing and re-evaluating what I need to work on and probably develop a different learning style. At the same time, I am committing this year to the Lord. I will dedicate a life of prayers and a year of giving God my first. This year is my last chance to be in the nursing program within Trinity Western University. I will need to do well and do my utmost on it.
As far as the near future plans, I am looking forward to go to Cambodia for a visit, if the Lord is willing. More so, if it works out fine, I may have a team who will be going with me to help out at the province and a few other places. Yes, I am really excited for this!! Plus, I will be able to refuel my deep yearning for Cambodia and to see the people I love!
All in all, may you keep me in your prayers, as I am trying to accomplish the journey and giving God’s glory with all that I am this year and afterwards.
Many thanks to all your prayers and faithfulness in keeping me in your thoughts and continue to support my stay here. May you be blessed abundantly. May His peace and love go with you as you continue to serve and bless others in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!
Sincerely,
Sureyah

No comments:

Post a Comment